Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Great Evening

Interesting lady, pretty, quiet, sweet voice and restful eyes. I never tire of listening to her or watching her shy face.

I enjoy her company.

I want to be with her all the time but she had to go back to her prim and proper house and I to my shabby one.

As I drove her home along that dusty Kisaasi road, I wanted to touch her but she is not mine. I wish she could love me the way I love her. I know she cannot. She will always look at me as her brother. Damn this brotherhood!

I walked her to her door and as we said bye, I wanted to hug her but I chose not to. I did not trust myself to pull away if I did. I could see she wanted to say something but decided against it.

“Do you want me to go?”

“Yes, Chris,” she said. “Thank you for a great evening. Good night.”

“Good night, Sam.”

And I left.

You thought what? I left and that's it.

2 comments:

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

You wish!

Did you dream about this or is this lady my namesake?

You know very well yesterday, I was at home for most of the day and I never met you when I went out to Bukoto.